Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Resistance is Futile

No matter what I do, no matter how big my backlog is on my TBR (To Be Read) pile is--I can't help it, I'll buy more books. It's a literary disease! One that makes my skin itch every time I see a new literary world I haven't explored yet that's out on the shelf ready for my enjoyment. And then, of course, my long time favorite authors happen to release all their books around the same time and I'm once again completely and utterly helpless.

It's a physical rush knowing that soon I'll have three of my favorite author's books in my hands so I can savor every word!

I went on vacation recently. Guess where I stopped? Two discount bookstores. I came home with thirteen books, three Disney mugs, a Tangled towel, and none of the clothes I was supposed to buy for a new wardrobe at the outlets. How does that work? It's the magic of the books.

Among some of the fun books I picked up are: a biography on Emily Post, Miss Manners Extraordinaire, A memoir of Julie Andrews, A few chick-lit reads, and a romance fiction book about Casanova's love letters found by a young museum curator and how their two loves are parallel and connect through time and space.

Variety is the spice of life and when it comes to books--resistance is futile. It will only hurt more when you try to be good. Be bad, your brain will thank you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment