Friday, July 22, 2011

Birthday Book Blitz

It's my birthday today and to celebrate I'm editing, writing, and drinking a lot of Chai tea latte's. So, basically it's any other day. But here on my bloggity-blog I'm celebrating by showcasing some of the books that are on my Too Be Bought Pile (TBP) because I just might get them for my birthday as a little gift. Here begins the line-up in no particular order:
  1. Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly: I've been longing for this YA book since I first found it months ago but I have to be in a particular mood to read this kind of book so I've put off buying it. However, it totally reminds me of a book I read when I was a teenager about a young girl who travels back in time through a coma to Nazi run Germany and that travel through unconscious mind/time thing has hooked me ever since.
  2. Possessed by Donald Spoto: I love, love, love, LOVE biographies. Right now in my TBR pile I have a biography of Julie Andrews and Emily Post. Mostly because I'm a sucker for little peaks into people's lives but I don't like magazines anymore because they're too short. Biographies are great compromises--all the meat without the ads.
  3. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead: Words can't express how much I love this author. I will read whatever she puts out in all three of her series and any she comes up with in the future. Every book grabs me and hooks me. This is a spring board series off her infamous Vampire Academy YA series and I've been waiting oh, so, eagerly for it to come out.
  4. The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson: Because sometimes I like to read super random books. That defines this one pretty clearly--well, that and I've always been enamored with the idea of insanity and how it's defined, etc. So not so random after all I guess. Oh well.
  5. The Prince with No Heart by Emma Holly: A very good friend of mine introduced me to the work of Emma Holly and I really adore the concept of this book. I'm very big into fairy tales, always have been, so I'm very happy to see it's return to the market right now. Plus, it means I get to write it, yay!!
  6. The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood: Yet another author that's at the top of my always buy list. This has been out for awhile but I've had to get through my To Be Read Pile to make it a priority.
There you have it, my weird reading habits in a nutshell. Only half of my wishlist but this blog would explode with anything else. For those of you wondering "Where's the Erotica on that list?" the majority of it I've all ready purchased :)

No comments:

Post a Comment