A little known fact about me--I'm weirdly claustrophobic in large crowds. NYC Times Square can sometimes send me into a full blown panic. I suppose it comes from being small all my life, like really small, but it makes the appeal of Black Friday dip an incredible amount. I love shopping discounts as much as the next person, but do I want to die for a DVD? Nope. Not so much.
I'm really loving these online Black Friday shopping weeks retailers are doing online this year. Maybe they did it last year to, but I've never really cared about it all that much. This year, knowing I can get good deals without the crowds kinda blows my mind and makes me supremely happy. Now, if only I wasn't a working writer waiting on a paycheck and perpetually poor. I solved the crowd problem, but got another one. Oh well, next year I'll be more knowledgeable of the need to save my pennies. Besides, there weren't a whole lot of book deals :( Only good DVD deals. Can we say Season 1 and 2 of Vampire Diaries for twenty-six bucks? Yeah, I wanted that one.
In other, non-shopping, consumer driven news, Furious Lust, my first book in the Underworld series is almost completely edited. After this edit I'll be tacking on a few scenes and then it'll be off to the CP's for reading. One more step closer to my end of the year goals even though December 31st is coming around ruthlessly fast. Can I make it?
Furious Lust is the first paranormal book I've ever written where everything for the story fell into place. I think I've tried three or four paranormal books now and all of them either stalled halfway through or needed too much editing after I was done with them. They were good practice books, but I can tell this series is going to be the real deal for me. There's just something different about it that I can't put my finger on, but it feels good. *fingers crossed*
DH and I are ridding ourselves of cable for the holidays relying completely on Hulu+ and Netflix. A lot of people we know are using this method and it seems to be working out for everyone. Plus, the money saved will really help us with little things around the house. So far we've been testing it out and we both like it. I'm a little impatient about having to wait a little while to see episodes and the fact that some channels don't update reliably annoys me--but, hey, gives me more reasons to read more anyway. Did I mention how huge my TBR pile is right now?
No comments:
Post a Comment