Well, life couldn't get much sweeter today, lovelies. That's because I just did something I thought I'd never do, have been afraid to do, and ultimately did on a whim. Let's go back four years when I said I was going to write full time and decided I was going to write erotica. Cue Alison Tyler's short-short contest every weekend with me entering like a mad fiend. That contest honed my writing more than a lot of the other pointless writing exercises I'd employed before and it made me stretch every, single, sentence.
Alison Tyler the heralded "superwoman of erotica" started me on my erotica journey. Her own stories and edited collections showed me the way to a new world where sex was awesome to write about and could be pretty, wicked, and fun. She was everything I wanted to be and her books led me to Sommer Marsden who led me to countless others. Who effectively changed my life and gave me the courage to be a full time writer come hell or high water. When I started this journey I told myself:
"Self, one day you will be an Alison Tyler edited book. And you will be in bookstores for all the world to see."
Lovelies, that day is TODAY! I just signed my second Short-Short contract for Cleis Press edited by none other than Alison Tyler. I've done the happy sigh, the happy cry, and now I'm sort of in shock. Despite all my prior accomplishments, I never submitted to an Alison Tyler book mainly because I almost always had some other prior commitment to handle. But now, victory is mine, the time was right, and I submitted and I was accepted.
Consider all my life's work validated. At least until tomorrow, when I have a normal bout of self-doubt. But that only happens about once every two days. Partying will commence in ninety seconds. I've got the sugar cookie tea out to prove it!
Many congrats, hon! Keep going!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much! This year has had it's ups and downs, but man, when I'm up it's all the way up! *hugs*
ReplyDelete