Thursday, December 26, 2013

Goal Wrap-Up for 2013




For 2013 I had a lot of ambitious goals, but a few of them changed over the course of the year. This is what I managed including reaching my Word Count Goal of 500,000 words:
  • Dust off an old New Adult MS that when I wrote it no one was buying NA. My first paranormal romance and NA to boot. Tall order for me. It needs work, but I'll get it there.
  • Submit a full length novel that I've been working on for a little over a year and a half to dream publisher for e-book publication.
  • Submit a two novella's to traditional publishers that are opening digital imprints like Random House, etc.
  • Submit category novel
  • Write first draft of super sekreet project for dream publisher for print publication
  • Finish The Furies Series, as I'm contracted to finish it with SCP--and it's fun
  • Write 13 shorts for Cleis Press
  • Write at least two more novella's for Excessica
  • Write two novella's for EC
  • Write two novella's for Xcite
Instead of fixing up my old NA from a few years ago, I started writing a new one which is now at 35k. I also didn't get as many novella's as I would have liked done because I focused on longer novels, which take me longer to write, and are more time intensive. However, I did accomplish my "Year of Fear" because this year I also:
  • Submitted to at least 4 new publishers that scare me (Both print and digital)
  • Wrote the first book in my cozy mystery alter-ego's series
  • Started looking for an agent for my alter-ego's series
  • Hit the Top 50 manuscripts in the Harlequin So You Think You Can Write contest (Still freaking out about that one)
  • Wrote a slew of full length novels, up to 96k, when full length is new to me (It's still a process)
  • Stumbled my way through writing my first PNR series
  • Took on a job as Acquisitions Editor at Secret Cravings Publishing (Yup, cat's out of the bag now)
  • Chopped off all my hair like Anne Hathaway (This many not seem like a big deal, but oh, it was)
  • Bought my first Macbook Pro instead of a PC (I'm now addicted to my Mac with my Alexander Skaragard background)
Did you do anything this year that scared you? Is there anything you're most proud of this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment