A space for Erotica and Erotic Romance author Elise Hepner to let her hair down, Disney music on blast, while her freak flag flies in the breeze. Enter my kinky wonderland. Only 18 or older please as this blog tends toward the filthy, kinky smut.
Monday, February 9, 2009
I Love Cats
Threw out a random query the other day for a publication called "I Love Cats". The editor was wonderful enough to get back to me very quickly saying she was interested in reading my piece, I sent it to her, and now the waiting game begins. I dislike the waiting game very much, more so than the payment game. The payment game is no picnic depending on when someone will write a check after the publication is signed on and it could be years before anyone sees any money. One of the fun things about being a full time freelancer. Money comes and money goes, I have to learn how to save my pennies now. I have five other queries in the email bank waiting to be written with none of the articles actually written yet. I find both the prospect of writing pitches and then writing articles intimidating, is that okay for a writer? I generally write queries based off tiny snippets of ideas, if accepted I'll pen out a full fledged article, is that lazy of me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment