Why did you get started writing?
I honestly can't remember. I've been writing from a very
young age, then for publication since 2006. I first wrote erotica on a dare and
started sending work off when I became interested in the genre as a reader,
too. Now, each new publication spurs me on to write more. That and the
deadlines, of course!
What was the first real joy you had when writing
professionally?
It would have to be my first acceptance, which was for the
now-defunct Scarlet Magazine. I was incredibly excited that someone wanted to
publish me and pay for my work! Thankfully, several years down the line,
publishers are still accepting my work, but it's still exciting each and every
time.
What was/is your biggest pitfall?
Discipline. I can be very easily distracted while writing,
but I'm getting better. As my writing now makes up a part of my income, I find
it easier to stay focused because if I don't write, I'll make less money!
What did you learn while writing?
All kinds of things. I hope that I've improved in my
writing, and will continue to do so. I've also learned things about sexual
lifestyles that I haven't taken part in, but have researched for my work. In
this line of work it pays to be open minded, which luckily I am. I'm also very
inquisitive so I love to learn new things, anyway.
What’s your favorite sexual position to write?
I don't have one. Writing for me is about the story and the
characters rather than the mechanics. They just seem to come naturally as I
start getting the words down on the page. I don't plan ahead, and certainly
when it comes to sex scenes I just let the characters do their thing and see
what happens.
What’s your favorite genre to read?
If you could be one fairytale character for a day who would it be?
Oh, that's easy. That would be Snow White because she gets to star along the divine Chris
Hemsworth in the upcoming film, Snow
White and the Huntsman. :D
Who are your author inspirations?
I don't think I really have any. I have tons of authors that
I love to read, but my inspiration comes from being published and having
readers that (hopefully) enjoy my work.
Socks or Slippers?
Both – it's cold in the UK!
Handcuffs or fuzzy tickler?
Ooh, handcuffs. Mainly because I don't like
being tickled. I find it annoying, rather than erotic
Where do you see yourself in a year as an
author?
In a year, I would hope to have a couple of novella-length
pieces released (up until now my releases have been short stories) and be well
on my way to writing a novel.
What are your new releases?
The past few months have been really busy in terms of
releases. October and November saw several releases, a mixture of anthology
appearances and standalone titles:
·
A Menu with a Difference
·
Brick Dust & Bedsprings
·
Love Through Time
·
Weekend at Wilderhope Manor
·
Immoral Views
·
Explicit Encounters
And December sees the release of Crimes of Passion from
Xcite Books, and Best Bondage Erotica 2012 from Cleis Press, both of which
feature stories I wrote.
For more info on all these titles, check out this page on my
website: http://lucyfelthouse.co.uk/published-works/
What are you working on now?
I recently completed my longest piece to date, a novella for
one of my publishers, so I'm working on edits for that. I'm also working on a
novella that I've been promising to another publisher for quite some time, so
fingers crossed they accept it!
When Jed and Annette spend a weekend in a luxury hotel, they’re
planning to take full advantage of the hot tub and large bed – preferably with
a third party. Annette’s never been with another woman before, but she’s eager
to experience some Sapphic delight. When the couple meets waitress Tamara at
the restaurant they’re lunching at, they agree she’s perfect in many ways; but
is she on the menu?
Excerpt and buy links here: http://lucyfelthouse.co.uk/published-works/a-menu-with-a-difference/
Lucy is a graduate of the University of Derby, where she
studied Creative Writing. During her first year, she was dared to write an
erotic story - so she did. It went down a storm and she's never looked back.
Lucy has had stories published by Cleis Press, Noble Romance, Ravenous Romance,
Summerhouse Publishing, Sweetmeats Press and Xcite Books. She is also the
editor of Uniform Behaviour and Seducing the Myth. Find out more at http://www.lucyfelthouse.co.uk. You
can also find her on Facebook
and Twitter.



No comments:
Post a Comment