Tuesday, September 18, 2012

POW/MIA Hop Sept 18th-22nd


This is a more serious blog hop than what typical faire I normally offer up here. This particular effort is to support prisoners of war overseas and those soldiers missing in action. Either way, the purpose is to bring them back to their families using all means necessary. All comments on this blog post will be reported back to the main host of the hop who has promised to donate two dollars per comment to the POW/MIA fund.

Personally, I don't have any experience with the military, nor does my family. But my husband's family comes from a long line of duty. And to respect that side of my family, I figured it was only right to add my two cents to this hop. As another further incentive to comment, I'm doing a little giveaway. My contest will run from the length of the hop the 18th-22nd and every comment will be entered into a random drawing to win a copy of the Xcite anthology Pleasure Me featuring many well-loved authors of the erotica and erotic romance genre. At 20 stories long with stories ranging from 1.5 to 4k long, this is quite the introduction to new and well versed authors of my genre.

I think we could all use a little more pleasure in our lives, especially those taking on the good fight and lost without a way home. Thanks for sticking around for the somberness, we'll be back to regularly scheduled hijinks after the 22nd. Please comment and lets get some donations going, shall we? Winners for the book will be announced on Sept 23rd. Please follow the hop accordingly, if you'd like and thank you for your support and for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. thank you, as a army wife people tend to over look the pow&mias, thank you for your support.
    miriam.whitewolf@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being a part of this hop. This is a topic that is very near to my heart as I come from a long line of military men...All the way back to the Civil War and more recently, my son has enlisted this year. I am very proud of our men and women who serve. I say "Thank You" You are what makes this country great.



    Mel


    bournmelissa at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being a part of the blog hop and supporting this cause

    BeckeyWhiteATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for joining in -- I'm hoping next year will be bigger and more successful for such a worthy cause

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we, as a society, don't think about the POW/MIA topic enough--thank you all for bringing attention to it!

    vitajex(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very proud of the military of the US. I served four years and my husband retired after 23 years! Many of my family members were /are vets and my uncle was a POW in Vietnam.
    Yvette
    yratpatrol@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for joining the hop and supporting such a great cause. I come from a military family and am very proud of our men and women in uniform past and present and future.

    bmack31919@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much everyone for commenting, supporting, and entering to win an awesome prize. Let's keep the donations for this wonderful cause going, shall we?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your donations. These men and women are an inspiration to us all for what they do for us each and every day :)
    cassandrahicks1989@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for hopping. My husband's cousin is Jessica Lynch a former POW who was rescued and thank you so much to all those who helped save Jess.
    Z
    Seawitch Reviews @ Yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete