A space for Erotica and Erotic Romance author Elise Hepner to let her hair down, Disney music on blast, while her freak flag flies in the breeze. Enter my kinky wonderland. Only 18 or older please as this blog tends toward the filthy, kinky smut.
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
New Writers Week: Loribelle Hunt
Hey y’all! Thanks for having me today!
I’m Loribelle Hunt. I live in southern Alabama with my husband and three kids. I’m a television and internet junkie and an avid reader. When I’m not writing I’m often indulging my other passion, photography. I love taking portraits and in October I photographed my best friend’s wedding, which was a blast.
I write erotic romance, mostly paranormal or science fiction with a suspense thrown in for fun. I’m a happy girl when I get to blow stuff up. I blame it on my years in the Army. I stick with paranormal and science fiction because what’s not to love about werewolves and aliens? Or alien werewolves? Oh, that’s a plot bunny I don’t need right now!
My new series is a little different from the others. There are no shapeshifters or aliens in The Elect. I wanted to do something new (to me at least), but it had to paranormal. I just find it impossible to keep out magical or supernatural elements. Since I was burnt out on shifters and witches, I had to come up with something new. And that’s when it hit me. Why not a new species of human? The next evolutionary step in homo sapiens.
These new humans, The Elect, use the parts of the human brain that we don’t. They have a variety of mental abilities: telepathy, telekinesis, psychometry, empathy, fire starting, etc. That’s not the only difference either. The Elect tend to be bigger, faster, stronger, and smarter.
I’m fascinated by the possibility of humanity evolving and exploring how we’d change. What do y’all think? Would they have cool super powers? Or enhanced physical abilities? Or would they be more like us?
About the author:
Loribelle is a former Army MP who traded in her combat boots for motherhood, flip-flops and all the Diet Coke she can drink. (She almost misses the combat boots.) She’s the author of more than twenty books, none of which her children are allowed to read. Ever. Visit her website, www.loribellehunt.com, or www.facebook.com/loribelle.hunt for information on new releases.
About the book:
Warrior: The Elect 3
Years ago, former Special Ops officer Carter Owens made the biggest mistake of his life. He met the woman of his dreams—and didn’t fight to keep her. Now that he’s learned Jamie Wade is still alive, and that she bore him a son, Carter plans to protect his family at all costs. Right after he’s rescued her along with several other Elect members being held prisoner in a private hospital.
He isn’t prepared to find her battered, drugged-up, and half-starved. Whatever her captor wanted, the madman hadn’t gone after it humanely.
When Jamie awakens, she’s stunned to find herself free of the abuser who tried and failed to make her admit she’s a telepath. As a police detective, she is driven to join the investigation into the organization that held her and her son captive. But first she’ll have to overcome Carter’s overprotective nature.
Which isn’t going to happen anytime soon, because first she has to recover—and convince him that their out-of-control sexual chemistry isn’t a good enough reason to stay.
Thanks so much Loribelle, and awesomeness of awesomeness, she's doing a giveaway of ANY book in ber backlist for us! So comment by 2/7 at midnight on what your favorite aspect of a warrior is and I'll run names through a random generator and we'll have our winner. Make sure to look at all her awesome book choices to pick just the right one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment