Today is a lazy day. The kind where I lay in bed just so I can listen to the rain fall on the window a little while longer. I've been a powerhouse of writing these past two days but now my brain is sleepy, so very, very sleepy. In between sentences I check AT's blog for all her wonderfulness and all the friends I feel I've found there. It is really nice to feel a part of something so important to my blossoming writing career. Just knowing that all these people who are so open and sex positive exist and they are getting their writing heard and read all over the world gives me hopeful little tingles whenever I go to the keyboard. They are all so nice, and now due to links people might actually stop by my little space in the world to see my ranting.
By seeing all these sassy, sexy authors do what they love and excel, it both drives me to do it harder (because I'm competitive) and scares the crap out of me. If they can do it then I can do too is a double sided coin because, what if I can't?
Sent out my first for print submission last night to Cleis Press. I can't even tell you how nervous I am. There is nothing I want more than to be published by that press. But, I also know there will be a lot of competition, so what's a girl to do? I'm caught because I fear my best work can always be better. I'm a compulsive downer.
I have five submissions to wait to hear back from in September. July my course in Gotham's Romance Writing Workshop. Then my birthday, three days later my wedding, then my step brother's wedding in Hawaii and then my reception. One solid summer to beat down.
Writing a story about turnstiles in Subway's.
No comments:
Post a Comment