I'm a third of the way through my edits today. It's been a long week. Sitting at my desk tomorrow morning does not in any way seem appealing when my brain is mush today. I rewrote over three scenes, did over fourteen pages, and edited a lot more than that.
Sometimes I wish I had a little group of reading elves. A committee if you will, who could just sit around in my apartment and read my edits telling me how I've improved. I would never have to wait for feedback of my genius again. They would be some straight shooting elves, let me tell you that now.
I'm still struggling with several projects I've had to put on the back burner because of my book. Several of them I'm just dying to finish like the book I just started that isn't the sequel to this one that's already outlined. This new book is really neat in concept and character but there just isn't time to execute two books at once yet when I'm still getting a feel for the work of writing a first book. All in all I've got three books to start/finish, full length including edits, I'm counting six anthologies for Excessica or some other erotic press, and several unwritten short stories for anthologies in the near future.
I just got to pace myself and not let my brain get bigger than my fingers on the keyboard. They can only type and work so much a day before blah. It's only going to get harder as I become more published.
No comments:
Post a Comment