DH and I celebrated Labor Day in grand style by heading to our area's Renaissance Festival both Saturday and Sunday to partake in delicious confections and do a little walking. Traversing the giant fairgrounds takes a lot out of me but it also strips away the calories from deep fried PB and J, deep fried bacon dipped in chocolate, and giant baked potato's with butter, sour cream, cheese sauce, broccoli, ham, and bacon. Some of my favorite delights to sample every year at the faire. Yes, most of the time the only reason I go is for the food and shopping.
DH and I also added to our collection of paintings in the house from The Wayt Gallery. We currently own a first print of the "Dark Angel" and an unnamed woman looking across a kingdom through a back-lit window. I'll take a picture of our new acquisition sometime soon with my phone. She's beautiful but I'm not sure how the phone's lens will capture it, hopefully well.
Now I'm going to go spend the rest of my day watching bad TV with my friend and reading A Clash of Kings. Edits for Not So Pure, my third release with Ellora's Cave and my first full length novel, are kicking my ass. So a much needed break is in order. At least before the madness of promotion begins for my novella on the 14th. It's going to be a crazy two weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment