Lately I've lived in dabble land with a little bit here, a little bit there. By now parts of me are scattered everywhere in every genre, I'm sure. I'm trying my best to revive two series that got lost in the flash drive crash of idiotic doom right now. Both of them are coming along nicely. I've been glued to my contemporary WIP like it's sucking out my soul because this heroine is much funnier than I'm used to writing. She's refreshing and ballsy. I like it. A nice change from my normal epic tough girl sarcasm with a kind heart kick. This heroine has a quip for everything.
With reviewing news (yay!) I got a good review for Not So Pure from Laura at Two Lips Reviews:
"This was a good read that had a different twist on a fairytale."
As well as from The Pen & Muse Blog Reviews who had this to say about Not So Pure:
"Not so pure as the driven snow… this is White, the heroine of “Not So
Pure”. And to take on seven men, she’d have to be. But she also has a
naivete to her that I appreciated. This was a very unique take on a very
old story and lots of fun to read. Definitely worth the time. A
scintillating take on my favorite fairy tale."
Easter is tomorrow and I'm thinking about whipping up cupcakes for the family gathering every year with the in-laws. The idea is percolating. Since I all ready made cheeseburger soup which turned out to be of deliciousness I don't know if I'll be up for baking, but it's a nice thought. Can you tell DH is very much the cooker in the family? Though I tend to do soups very well. My potato soup is also really good.
On the creating front...I'm kind of a mess. A good mess, but a mess. Working on too many projects in too many different stages to satisfy my need to get things done. I thought I'd broken out of the huge back log cycle, but, boy, was I lying. Hopefully, this will mean I have a lot out this summer and this coming Fall. That's me, always pushing, pushing, pushing and striving until I think I might fall over dead. Basically, that's why the blog has been a little dead lately. In a never-ending game of catch-up.
Stress has ultimately led me to work out more though, so yay! Now going to play Sims 3 for a considerable amount of time with my cup of peppermint tea. Tonight is all for Thor of the BDB. I'm trying to take this book in sips because I don't want it to be over!
No comments:
Post a Comment