Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My Gravitation Into Traditional Romance Reading Part One

I've never been a traditional romance reader because for the most part when I started reading the genre of romance I wanted to be slapped in the face with hot and bothered and oh so wicked. Erotic Romance was my ticket to party town. Which means I'm just now jumping on the non-erotic bandwagon to explore my options. As any good pupil would, I'm starting with the supposed "greats" which include two Nora Robert's anthologies I picked up on a whim and hope they are somewhat in order. They're both family saga and epic reprints because I wanted a feel for her original work since I've heard from a few parties that her new work isn't as good. Here are my selections: Captivated and Entranced, The Calhouns.

Of course, I want to start JD Robb's books like mad, but when I went to look for them in the bookstore there weren't any beginning copies from any of the series. And most often I'd rather get a physical book for that kind of purchase because knowing the author is so popular often means the physical version will be cheaper than e-book. Don't ask me how that works, I don't know. So that's one purchase that will have to wait. Not like I have a to-be-read pile as big as Mount Olympus or anything. *whistles*

I'm going to start with old school Nora and see where that takes me. Will probably be doing a follow up post about my findings--how living in a hyper erotic world takes a backseat when it comes to grounding love and romance. I know I'm intrigued. And I know a lot of long term Roberts fans can set me straight. Hell, if I fall head over heels like most readers, I'm going to need more recommendations stat because wading through that epic back list and picking a new book is going to be hell on my eyes.

Would you be so kind as to throw some rec's in the comments section my way? I've got a feeling this could be good...or it could be bunnies. Anyone who gets that reference wins a book from my back list. AND...Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment