Whoops, I somehow forgot to create this post and it posted empty! Shows how crazy busy my week/weekend have been. Right down to business, I have a new venture I will be experimenting with where one week out of every month will be New Writer's Week. A chance for other writers like me to showcase their work, how they got started in the business, or chat about anything they want. It mainly functions as a way for my readers to gain access to new writers in my genre that might interest them while also enabling me to have a new dialogue with writers in my community.
Because of social media, I have a lot of writing friends whether casual or long term and I think New Writer's Week will open up more avenues of conversation for me with new authors that I would normally offer only a congrats on a new book deal instead of having a full out conversation. So, you guys get new books and possible giveaways--I get more author connections and some fun insider conversations. It's a win-win for everyone! I think so, anyway.
Our first New Writer's Week starts tomorrow. If you're someone whose an author who'd like to be in next months New Writer's Week, please contact me in the comments and we will see what we can come up with together. I hope this little experiment goes well for everyone and I'd be interested and seeing whether it benefits any of my readers or not, so keep me updated on whether or not you like it, will you? Thanks everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment