Thursday, October 22, 2009

3 AM and Hyena's


For some reason my muse now has a fetish for three in the morning. I woke up again this morning at three just like the past four or so mornings because I suddenly had this wonderful idea for my book. I put it down, typed a bit more, and then tried to fall back asleep to no avail. Now I am exhausted and cranky which I don't think makes up for the extra pages scored this morning. Yesterday burned me out pretty good so today is just about wrestling with an unexpected scene and getting a few solid pages as opposed to a marathon session.

I also can't find some forms I can't remember if I filled out or not for some writing work I'm doing. I had to email the boss and get it all sorted out because missing paperwork is never good.

On a completely unrelated note I was watching Growing up Hyena this morning and the way the little cubs just kept dying off because of the head female in a matriarchal pack made me think of romance writers. How we are picked off one by one when we are young fledgling writers and if we survive we "give birth" to books that grow and expand eventually finding a home among other solid, adult books. Yeah, clearly I haven't had enough sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment