I told myself I wouldn't write anything today on any project including the second draft edits. But my head is chomping at the bit to get back in the swing of things after working non-stop for what feels like forever. Tomorrow I'm jumping back on the bandwagon, but today I just need to get a break--if I'll let myself. I've already been leafing through a few books that are just fun and still count as work material, so I can trick myself into fun. Isn't that sad? Yay for work ethic, but when you have to trick yourself to have fun? I'm reminding myself of Laurell K Hamilton and this is only my first novel length book other than the one I wrote when I was in sixth grade. Shouldn't I be less motivated? Maybe this is a good thing? I'm going to go ponder this over a cup of tea and an apple.
The pride still hasn't hit yet. I think I'll be more excited when I'm done my second edit. Right now I just feel like I threw words on paper willy nilly and to quote Echo from Dollhouse "I wasn't my best". I can't wait to see what my best entails.
No comments:
Post a Comment