- Working backwards: When all else fails read the chapters that you've already written. Sometimes all the muse needs to be inspired is a little jog to where your plot is going and where it's supposed to go.
- Writing about all the reasons why you can't write: Once you get all the reasons why you can't possibly write out of your system, there's nothing left to keep you from working. It's all uphill from there. No more excuses.
- One sentence an hour: Most writer's don't have this much time to work on anything, however, taking off the pressure can be amazing incentive to write. If you take it one sentence at a time while doing other things around the house soon it will add up to a paragraph. After one paragraph eventually you'll get out of a funk and it will all add up.
- Writing something else: Sometimes you just need to stop what your doing on a current piece of work and start another one. It doesn't matter what it is as long as you're writing again.
A space for Erotica and Erotic Romance author Elise Hepner to let her hair down, Disney music on blast, while her freak flag flies in the breeze. Enter my kinky wonderland. Only 18 or older please as this blog tends toward the filthy, kinky smut.
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Writer's Block: Maybe a Cure?
I've been suffering mild writer's block lately with the book. I've been working it out but I'm only writing in bits and pieces. Most people view writer's block as laziness, stubbornness, or not enough love for the craft. When I've written almost a complete novel in three months, I'm a little burnt out. So in the spirit of how I'm feeling, here are some ideas to fight writer's block. My way of fighting it has been a two day non-stop marathon of Law and Order Special Victims Unit, what's yours?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
just write about something else..even if its nonsense..just write....
ReplyDelete