Sunday, October 4, 2009

Little Sick Ferret

Does anyone else think this would be a neat band name?

I've been taking care of my ferret, Heath, which is why I have been missing from the posting. He's got a hairball and I have to check on him and give him his formula 2-3 times a day. It was also a friends birthday last night so we went out to eat, had a party. The food--and wait for the food-- was sub-par for what we paid. The party afterward was pretty fun but I had to sit through two episodes of Family Guy before it got fun. You just shouldn't have to watch tv at a party...it's just not good for it. If everyone's eyes are glued to the screen how can you forge conversation?

I also just got back my final edits for four of my e-books. So that's what I'll be doing tomorrow. Doing a line by line and filling out errata sheets. Those are the sheets where you mark all the typographical/plot errors for the final editor to pick up before you stock and sell the book. Look at me, I'm all knowledgeable.

I'm almost done with the book. I've got about three more chapters to write. Which with my new 3,500 word count rule shouldn't be hard to churn out tomorrow, then I'm good to go. Then the editing begins. I need to do a few inclusions that I missed, spiffy up some chapters, and upgrade some foreshadowing. Then it's back to the drawing board for book two while I wait for comments from my next romance writing class which starts in several days. Boy, oh boy I can't wait for that class. I need more feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment