We have my husband's thirteen year old step brother for the weekend so I may be a little more absent than I would like to be in the next few days. We re going to Renn Fair tomorrow and then I'm assuming an epic video game war will commence.
My second romance writing class has kicked off to a really good start although the new project may have my head. I'm writing a sales pitch and flap copy. The word count I've been given has just about killed me because there is so much complexity to my plot I just want to blurb out everything in the book. But, that won't get me readers nor will it get me an agent. An agent wants something to entice her into reading more, a tidbit, not a summery, that's a whole other ball of wax.
So, right now I'm frantically cleaning so when the teenager comes into my home he doesn't go straight back to his parents and tell them it's messy. They do not like messy houses. At all. Mine isn't overly messy, but it isn't spotless either.
I got two more Cleis rejections over the weekend though one of them was very nice. She took the time to compliment my work and really look at it. The only reason she rejected it was because it was too short for the required words. She said the writing was spot on. I kind of have to pout because I was that close to seeing my name in print for erotica, but then again, she liked my work and it was a technicality. So I'm going to smile too. It's more material I have to throw into my fairy tale anthology anyway which is currently up to thirty pages with two stories unfinished. I have high hopes for that anthology as I've worked really hard on it and I'd like to think the stories are all original. Fairy tales have been overdone many different ways but I really strive to put a different twist on these. Plus, I'm a huge reader of twisted fairy tales whether erotic or not, so I've read almost everything else that's out there. No copying for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment