I think one of the best tools available on the market right now are self publishing e-book sites. Even though it can be a lot of work in terms of technical understanding and promotion of the content a writer has created it enables writers to get there work read without third party taxes or copyright issues. It's beneficial to those who want to write but don't want to take the time to go through a publishing company or query press process. Although that can have its downsides such as missing out on premiere editing services as well as a big chunk of money from a publishing agreement and contract in the end it's a bit more freeing for the author.
Do I think it's anything someone can make a living on if they aren't already a successful published author? No. Is that just my personal opinion? Absolutely. If someone worked their tail off, established a brand, a network, a solid skill set, and then unleashed themselves onto the world of self published e-books with a business website and a set of personal business goals I think it could go very well. But that really depends on the market the writer is intending to write for in terms of popularity as well as the quality of the writer's work.
I still think it is a really great idea for those who want to feel accomplished and earn a little income every now and then on the side. To see someone buying my work regardless of what medium and what price is always thrilling to me. I can only assume it's like that for everyone else.
The main reason I'm excited about this particular market is because my erotica e-books can be published to as many market sites as I would like since I retain all rights to the work. Which means I can self publish on whatever sites I see fit as well as my original publisher's site to expand my little erotica empire. This is a wonderful opportunity to get more people to read my work and introduce them back to my new stories on the original published site. In the end the more people that get to read and enjoy my work, the happier I will be no matter how much money I make.
No comments:
Post a Comment