Sunday, September 6, 2009

Dante's Inferno

I've pulled up some Sparknotes and eventually, tomorrow, a digital copy of the book. I plan on either reading the whole thing or delving a whole lot deeper into the subtext and characters. If Cam carries it around all the time and Selene is named for it, then her stalker notes have to be delightfully speckled with sinister references to it. It's going to be poetically eerie. I can't wait. And there are so many guilty associations I can make between the circles of hell and Cam's life as a succubus. Certainly, this is her idea of eternal damnation. She did kill a man after all. A man she loved deeply.

Next up I'll be writing in her parents. I think a little break/vacation is in order for everyone on campus. Yes, in my world succubi have parents. It'll form a nice foil for Trey and Cam's relationship. Though I don't exactly know how I'll get Trey down there with Cam. I'm sure he'll figure out something, he always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment