The upside is I've written 44 pages of my book in about two weeks give or take which is a significant jump from the 133 pages I composed over two years while in college. That book is still unfinished though I have all the tools to resurrect it now with clear direction.
The downside: 44 pages seems like a whole heck of a lot-- until you figure out word count. I really shouldn't have figured out word count. Averaging off a normal paranormal romance word count which is 70,000 words I have somewhere in the ball park of 54,798 words to go before I'm finished. That number is both daunting, terrifying, and a big heaping plate of discouragement. Me and my curiosity. Never check word counts, kiddies, you're better off oblivious. Now if you'll please excuse me I'm going to skulk over to my keyboard and pound on the keys in frustration for a bit. Yes, that sounds good.

No comments:
Post a Comment