Monday, September 28, 2009

New Idea's

I've gotten 1,439 words to my name so far this morning. I've also got three new ideas percolating on the back burner for my erotica. One involves a siren, another a special little dress, and a third is a longer in depth version of rewrite which was never picked up for consideration.

My filing system, a simple one of these, (but mine is purple and has a snap top) is great for what I need at the moment. It is chock full of ideas, scraps, edits and financial hoopla/contracts. That's where some of these latest ideas are going to wind up after I jot them down. For some reason I got all three of them when I couldn't sleep last night and was laying down in bed. That happens a lot to me. Anyway, in honor of my happy filing system I'm going to list five filing advice articles I found helpful as a writer. Everyone needs a crack at organization even if there idea of it is organized chaos.
  1. A very basic look at filing from assessing what kind of filer you need to where it needs to go in your office/whatever other room you use for work. This is a good starter article for those new to the magic of organization.
  2. A filing article for people who hate filing which maximizes the affects of filing without the headache afterwords. Offers simple tips which works between two schools of filing: quick and fun. Both of which are super acceptable in my book.
  3. Color coding: for that rainbow filer enthusiast that sits in all of us. Instructions on how colors work with the brain to help locate files as well as tips on how to update a filing system to color and which colors to use.
  4. For those who don't like paper or manual labor there is also filing software.
  5. An entertaining website for anything you may need to organize. It covers almost every area in the home and home office.
I've found through making writing my full time job that I accumulate more paper than I know what to do with at any given time. So it's a good idea to have a system started regardless of the amount of paper so that when the contracts start coming in you can be prepared to get yourself organized, professional, and ready to make money. w00t!

2 comments:

  1. Sound advice and spoken like a true vixen. I think finding that sweet spot between the mundane and the perverse itself is organized chaos, at least when it's good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That is completely true as well.

    ReplyDelete