I hung on for dear life last night on the couch while I watched my husband play Metriod Prime on our Wii. I had brought my laptop into the room knowing that I already had five pages to my name for the day, but Cam and Trey were dying to play. So I sit, open a new document, and ba-bam! I get eleven more pages rounding out my chapter 7 and leading into chapter 8.
I got that writing high where you can't go to sleep afterward and everything's a little visually fuzzy because you were in someone's world that wasn't your own for a little while. I didn't sleep very well after that, still caught by what could happen at the beginning of chapter 8. I must have woken up my husband several times bouncing off our new (huge) mattress into the computer room to write just one more line. It was four in the morning by then, but the book wanted to be written, so who was I to argue?
We did get a new mattress this week because our old one is at least twenty years old. It had given us both a large set of back problems. Now we have a mattress that is comfy and that I have to use a step stool to climb into because it's, no joke, half my body at least. It didn't look that big in the store but we hadn't accounted for the frame raising it several inches. I'm 4'9 and having to use the equivalent of doggie steps to get into bed at night, how charming.
We are planning another Maryland Ren Faire trip soon with our new costumes. I also need to convince the hubby to drive me to a bookstore tonight so I can pick up the other three Vampire Academy books by Richelle Mead. She is my current author of choice. I finished her first installment last night and now my muse addled brain is calling out for more. What the muse wants, the muse gets.
Although, I have yet to find her fourth book in the Georgia Kincaid series anywhere near us. Which makes me really fucking sad. I would order it off Amazon but it's hit or miss with the UPS people and our security door. Sometimes they don't even try to get inside. They just leave an angering note. I think if I only order one book they may deliver it okay, normally I order in bunches. I've had to write a lot of signs taped to doors or I just sit on the steps all day waiting for them so I can let them in with my package. I am not above wasting my day for books. Especially Richelle Mead ones. Which is why I've moved from my Georgina fix even though it was a crucial fucking point in the series and I'm dying without her, to my Rose and Lissa fix. Stupid UPS people....sorry if your one of them. Don't mean to totally kill my standing with UPS everywhere, I'm just saying.
No comments:
Post a Comment