Friday, September 18, 2009

Two Helpful Writing Links

I came across these from Predators and Editors this morning while taking a break from the page count. I figured they were certainly worth sharing since information is like the frame of a house when it comes to writing. Without some kind of research readers will fall through the floorboards and sue your ass, or put down the book. So without further adieu, two of my favorite links for my writer buddies. Whoever you are...I know you are out there lurkers. Please feel free to comment and make your presence known because meeting new people makes me happy. More comments would make me very happy, not so lonely in the blogosphere.

Show Me the Money: A really neat site with fairly up to date ballparks on advances and royalties for every genre in romance novels. This is a good hopping off point for anyone worried about how much their book is really going to sell. All of the information is complied by a romance author and stats were taken from published romance authors, so there's no guessing or a numbers game. It's all straight from the source.

100 Useful Search Engines: An extremely helpful guide to any kind of search engine you could think up. Perfect for that fact or set of facts that are eluding you in the middle of a deadline. Some examples of the categories listed are: City Guides and Travel, Business, Academic/Reference, Law, and Medical. It's a plethora of free information for an author who needs an answer super quick. I highly recommend it.

So far barely two pages on the book so far today. I think we are all a little exhausted after last nights musings. Though I'm a little sad that the wave of writing hasn't held over to today. Hopefully I'll perk up after a few more cups of tea and some burnt toast. I could really go for a burrito right now too.

No comments:

Post a Comment