I just totaled my word count because I write every chapter in a separate document which makes it easier to edit and write each chapter. My total word count is currently at 34,069, disregarding what I'm going to write in today's session. That means if I do the math I've only got 40,931 words until I reach my end goal of 75,000 words and a finished manuscript.
That also means I'm almost at the halfway mark in my book and man, does it feel good. It's kind of sad that I'm regarding 40,931 words as only, as if that isn't still a whole lot of work. But honestly, it seemed like I hadn't accomplished much in terms of my manuscript and it's been harder writing these chapters then anything else I know of that's about to come onto my plate. So for now, I'm going to have a moment of optimistic glee and celebrate that I'm almost done. Just 40,931 words to go and then the edits. Bring. It. On. Bitches.
No comments:
Post a Comment